- On-Demand Training is available 24/7.
- The training will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
- Upon completion of the training you will receive a Certificate.
- Continuing education credits (1.0) are available for certified health educators (CHES).
Share the News! After you complete the training share it with your family, friends and colleagues.
About the Training
This Seizure Recognition and First Aid Training was developed for school personnel. All school personnel – teachers, administrators, nurses, drivers, coaches, aides, custodians – can benefit from this training. While the training addresses specifics about the school-setting, anyone seeking to learn the basics of epilepsy and how to recognize and respond to a seizure could benefit from the content.
After completing this training, learners will:
- Understand the basics about epilepsy
- Recognize common seizure types, treatment options, and their possible impact on student learning
- Identify appropriate first aid and recognize when a seizure is a medical emergency
- Understand how to administer rescue medicines, if applicable
- Know where to find local community support for more information