The Epilepsy Support Groups are monthly gatherings of adults with epilepsy, as well as parents, families and caregivers of those effected with epilepsy. The purpose of the groups is to come together to share tips, mutual concerns, common issues, challenges and successes with other members of the group. Information is shared and support is offered to help to meet the struggles faced by those dealing with epilepsy. It can be a real comfort to see that other people have concerns that are similar to yours, and that you are not alone.
The current support groups and times:
All Service Area Support Group:
- Meets the last Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. via Zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86500721871 Meeting ID: 865 00072 1871
Cincinnati, OH area groups:
- Warren County Epilepsy Support Group – Meets in Mason, Ohio, from 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held at Panera Bread, 5095 Deerfield Blvd, Mason, OH 45040 .
- Hamilton County Epilepsy Support Group – meets from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held via Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85150634894 Meeting ID: 851 5063 4894
Columbus, OH area groups:
- Columbus Adult Support Group-meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in the Dempsey Family Education and Resource Center in the Neuroscience Tower at Riverside Methodist Hospital located at 3535 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214. Park in the red or blue parking lots, parking passes will be provided.
- Columbus Parent Support Group-Meets on the last Monday of each month from 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Via Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89163322646 Meeting ID: 891 6332 2646
It is important to remember that support groups work best when everyone tries to have a positive and helpful attitude! We are interested in dealing better with life and sharing our triumphs.
We always welcome new members and the important new ideas and perspectives that they may bring to the group!