The Epilepsy Support Groups are monthly gatherings of adults with epilepsy, as well as parents, families and caregivers of those effected with epilepsy. The purpose of the groups is to come together to share tips, mutual concerns, common issues, challenges and successes with other members of the group. Information is shared and support is offered to help to meet the struggles faced by those dealing with epilepsy. It can be a real comfort to see that other people have concerns that are similar to yours, and that you are not alone.
Currently, there are 7 adult support groups that meet.
Cincinnati, OH area groups:
- Clinton County Epilepsy Support Group – meets in Wilmington, Ohio, from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held in the conference room of Books ‘N More (28 W. Main St., Wilmington, OH 45177).
- Warren County Epilepsy Support Group – meets in Mason, Ohio, from 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held in a second floor meeting room at Kidd Coffee (653 Reading Road, Mason, OH 45040).
- Hamilton County Epilepsy Support Group – meets in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings are held at the main office of the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati (895 Central Avenue, Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202).
Huntington, WV area group:
- Huntington, WV Epilepsy Support Group – meets at Cabell Huntington Hospital starting at 6:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every other month, on the odd months (January, March, May, July, etc.) in the Private Dining Rooms #1 and #2, located on the ground floor behind the cafeteria. (For more information, follow this link: www.cabellhuntington.org/news/calendar/)
Columbus, OH area groups:
- Columbus Adult Support Group-meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Bing Cancer Center Atrium Level (ground floor) meeting rooms. Park in the Purple parking garage–$2.00 fee upon exit.
- Columbus Parent Support Group-Meets on the last Tuesday of each month from 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Bing Cancer Center Atrium Level (ground floor) meeting rooms. Park in the Purple parking garage–$2.00 fee upon exit.
It is important to remember that support groups work best when everyone tries to have a positive and helpful attitude! We are interested in dealing better with life and sharing our triumphs.
We always welcome new members and the important new ideas and perspectives that they may bring to the group!