This training is designed to provide school personnel with information, strategies and resources that enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by:
- Supporting positive treatment outcomes
- Maximizing educational and development opportunities
- Ensuring a safe and supportive environment
This training can be completed in a one 3-hour session.
When this training is completed, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize seizures and their impact
- Know current treatment options and their side effects
- Know appropriate first aid for seizures
- Develop a seizure action plan
- Understand key elements of a training other school personnel
School personnel will also be given a binder containing all of the training literature that was discussed to refer back to in the future.
To schedule a training in the Greater Cincinnati area, contact Steve Hutton at (513) -721-2905 or Steve.Hutton@epilepsy-ohio.org. In the Central Ohio area, contact Karen Brown at (614) -725-1031 or firstname.lastname@example.org