Save the Date!! Emerald Miles 2016 will take place on Saturday, March 19!
For race results, please visit: http://www.finishspot.com/2015/emerald/middle.html and scroll to the bottom of the page under Emerald Miles Results!
A Big Thank You to the 1607 participants and to all the people who made team donations! Check out Kiss 107’s video of Emerald Miles 2015 here: Kiss 107’s Emerald Mile Video
Your participation in this event helps the Epilepsy Foundation provide valuable services to our community including: counseling, support groups, community education, group homes, Camp Flame Catcher for youth with epilepsy, an Adult Day Activity Program and much more!
The race begins and ends at Newport on the Levee and is dedicated to the memory of Dennis Stemler. Dennis was an energetic, caring young adult who found joy in living. He never let life get him down, but always reached for the stars as he overcame the many struggles associated with epilepsy. He took part in the Epilepsy Foundation’s Camp Flame Catcher and teen support group, was active in his high school and ran on both his school’s cross country team and in this race. On February 24, 2004, Dennis died unexpectedly from a seizure. His death has had a profound impact on the community as hundreds of families, friends, and classmates have joined together to honor Dennis by participating in this event.
Numerous awards will be handed out including:
- Trophies to the first male and female runners and walkers
- Medals to the first and second place finishers in each age division:
- Runner’s Divisions: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
- Walker’s Divisions: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
**Bonus! If you have 20 or more individuals on your team who register & pay by 3/4/2015, let us know and we will put your team name on the sleeve of the event shirts of those participants!
**Refreshments & music will be available after the race
- Adults (13 and over) Pre-registration is $30 (includes an event shirt*); Same day registration is $30 for the race only or $35 with an event shirt, while supplies last.
- Children (12 and under) are $15 (includes an event shirt*)
Children in strollers are free, but do not receive event shirt or awards
To pre-register, your registration form must be post-marked by Monday 3/16/2015 or completed on-line by noon on Wednesday 3/18/2015.
If you are pre-registered, you can beat the crowd on race morning by picking up your number and shirt early during these times:
- Thursday, March 19 from 3:00-5:00 pm at the Epilepsy Foundation’s office downtown (895 Central Ave., Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202)
- Friday, March 20 from 3:00-6:00 pm at the Epilepsy Foundation’s office downtown (895 Central Ave., Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202)
*All pre-registration event shirts must be picked up by 9:00 am on race day or they will be forfeited*
The race starts at 9:00 am; same day registration is from 7:30 am – 8:30 am
To check out the route, click here
There are many sponsorship opportunities available! Click to read about them:
To register for the event, follow this link:
For Event Brochure:
Questions? Call the Epilepsy Foundation at 513-721-2905
Thank you to our 2015 sponsors!
To See Photos of the 2013 Emerald Miles Event, Like Us On Facebook!