Thank you to all who participated and donated to our Emerald Miles this past weekend! Here is a link to see the results!
Your participation in this event helps the Epilepsy Foundation provide valuable services to our community including: counseling, support groups, community education, group homes, Camp Flame Catcher for youth with epilepsy, an Adult Day Activity Program and much more!
The race begins and ends at Newport on the Levee and is dedicated to the memory of Dennis Stemler. Dennis was an energetic, caring young adult who found joy in living. He never let life get him down, but always reached for the stars as he overcame the many struggles associated with epilepsy. He took part in the Epilepsy Foundation’s Camp Flame Catcher and teen support group, was active in his high school and ran on both his school’s cross country team and in this race. On February 24, 2004, Dennis died unexpectedly from a seizure. His death has had a profound impact on the community as hundreds of families, friends, and classmates have joined together to honor Dennis by participating in this event.
Numerous awards will be handed out including:
- Trophies to the first male and female runners and walkers
- Medals to the first and second place finishers in each age division:
- Runner’s Divisions: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
- Walker’s Divisions: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over.
If you have 20 or more individuals on your team who register & pay by 3/5/2014, let us know and we will put your team name on the sleeve of the event shirts of those participants!
**Refreshments & music will be available after the race
- Adults (13 and over) Pre-registration is $30 (includes an event shirt*); Same day registration is $30 for the race only or $35 with an event shirt, while supplies last.
- Children (12 and under) are $15 (includes an event shirt*)
Children in strollers are free, but do not receive event shirt or awards
To pre-register, your registration form must be post-marked by 3/17/14 or completed on-line by noon on 3/19/14.
If you are pre-registered, you can beat the crowd on race morning by picking up your number and shirt early during these times:
- Thursday, March 20 from 3:00-6:00 pm at the Epilepsy Foundation’s office downtown (895 Central Ave., Suite 550, Cincinnati, OH 45202)
- Friday, March 21 from 3:30-6:30 pm at Bob Roncker’s Running Spot in O’Bryonville (1993 Madison Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45208)
*All pre-registration event shirts must be picked up by 9:00 am on race day or they will be forfeited*
The race starts at 9:00 am; same day registration is from 7:30 am – 8:30 am
To check out the route, click here
Printable Registration Form:
Online Registration: click here
Questions? Call the Epilepsy Foundation at 513-721-2905
To See Photos of the 2013 Emerald Miles Event, Like Us On Facebook!