The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati and Columbus along with OhioHealth presents:
Living with Epilepsy
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
(500 Thomas Ln, Columbus, OH 43214)
conference will take place in the Bing Cancer Center
Looking for Continuing Education Opportunities? For this symposium, CEU’s are pending for the proper Licensing Board for each of these Professionals: Social Workers and Nurses 5.5 CEUs; Nursing Home Administrators 5.5 CEUs; OH Department of DD Professionals 5.5 CE credits and EEG Technologists 5.5 ACE credits upon completion of the full conference.
Admission is $10 for the Symposium only, or $40 for the Symposium and CEUs.
Online registration is now closed. You can still register the day of the event.
Printable brochure/registration: 2016-Living-Well-Brochure
We hope you can join us!
About the Day:
Registration, Exhibits & Continental Breakfast: 8:00 AM – 8:40 AM
WELCOME and REMARKS: 8:40 AM – 9:00 AM
- Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati and Columbus
General Session: 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
- Treatment of Epilepsy: Beyond Medication
- Emily Klatte, MD, OhioHealth
- Girish Hiremath, MD, FAANS, OhioHealth
- Satyanarayana Gedela, MD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Concurrent Sessions: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Psychogenic Nonepileptic Spells (Presenter: Amanda Cramer, DNP, CNP, CNRN, OhioHealth)
- Stress Management and Epilepsy (Presenter: Rochelle Ellis, MSW, LISW-S, C-SWHC, Sage Counseling Consultants, LLC)
- Essentials of Special Needs Planning:Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Healthcare Directives (Presenter: Logan Philipps, Esq. Resch and Root, LLC)
Concurrent Sessions: 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
- Epilepsy 101 and After the Diagnosis (Presenter: Jaime Twanow, MD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital)
- Successfully Transitioning to College and Beyond with Epilepsy (Presenter: Julie Simensky, PhD, OhioHealth)
- Exploring what care a Pharmacist can provide for a Patient with Epilepsy (Presenter: James McAuley, RPh, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
Exhibits and Luncheon: 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
General Session: 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM
Healing Through Expression: Art Therapy as an Support for People with Epilepsy (Presenter: Ashley Skelly, MA, LPC, Nationwide Children’s Hospital)
General Session: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Questions I Forgot to Ask! Views and advice on concerns expressed by audience members.
- Sheri Cotterman-Hart, MD, PhD, The Ohio State University
- Jaime Twanow, MD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Karen J Brown, LSW, Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati and Columbus
- Shannon Yarosz, PharmD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Conclusion, Evaluation & Door Prizes: 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM
For more information please call toll free at 877-804-2241