The Epilepsy Alliance Ohio along with Ohio Health presents:
Living with Epilepsy
Saturday, October 27th, 2018
8:00 AM – 3:45 PM
at Ohio Health Riverside Hospital
People living with epilepsy, their caregivers and friends, along with professionals in the field of neurology are encouraged to attend this all day seminar focusing on the latest treatments and trends in epilepsy. A variety of sessions will be offered by leading professionals in the field, this conference you don’t want to miss!
(500 Thomas Lane. Columbus, Ohio 43214. Park in the Purple Garage.)
Conference will take place at the Bing Cancer Center at Riverside Hospital
Looking for Continuing Education Opportunities? For this symposium, CEU’s are approved for each of these Professionals: Social Workers and Nurses 5.5 clock hours; Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists 5.5 ASET CEUs upon completion of the full conference.
Admission is $10 for the Symposium only, or $40 for the Symposium and CEUs.
Price includes continental breakfast and lunch.
2018 Description of the Day:
- REGISTRATION, EXHIBITS & CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST: 8:00 AM – 8:40 AM
- WELCOME AND REMARKS: 8:40 AM – 9:00 AM Ohio Health Representive
- GENERAL SESSION: 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
- LET’S TALK ABOUT EPILEPSY: Dr. Brian Smith, System VP Neuroscience services.
- BREAK: 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM
- CONCURRENT SESSIONS: 10:30 AM – 11:30
- Choose one:
TRANSITION FROM PEDIATRIC TO ADULT CARE:
Presenter: Dr. Jaime Twanow, MD.; Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- COMORDITIES and SUDEP:
Presenter: Dr. Emily Klatte; Ohio Health
- SURGERY FOR EPILEPSY:
Presenters: Dr. Girish Hiremath; Ohio Health
- CONCURRENT SESSIONS: 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
- Choose one:
- TOPIC TO BE ANNOUNCED:
Presenter: Dr. Sarita Maturu; The Ohio University Medical Center
- EPILEPSY AND DEVELOPMENT:
Presenter: Dr. Mary Wejnaroski; Nationwide Children’s Hopsital
- EPILEPSY- HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF:
Presenter: Dr. Monica Islam; Nationwide Children’s
- EXHIBITS AND LUNCH: 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
- GENERAL SESSION: 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM
- EPILEPSY AND MEMORY:
Presenter: Dr. Julie Simensky; Ohio Health
- GENERAL SESSION: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Questions I Forgot to Ask!
Panel: Dr. Sheri Cotterman Hart-Mt. Carmel Neurology; Dr. Monica Islam-Nationwide Children’s Hospital; Shannon Yarosz- Nationwide Children’s Hospital; Karen Brown, LSW- Epilepsy Alliance Ohio
- CONCLUSION, EVALUATION AND DOOR PRIZES: 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM
For more information please call toll free at 877-804-2241